TEC Canada is pleased to provide the Andersen Monthly Economic Report exclusively to our members. The former assistant chief of the Bank of Canada’s research department, Dr. Peter Andersen provides valuable economic insight to help you make better business decisions.
- As of mid-year, job vacancies are up by 26% from 2 years earlier. BC is the only province with employment above pre-pandemic levels.
- Residential construction has peaked in Canada. Building permits for single-family construction – a leading indicator for housing starts – shows a pronounced downturn beginning in April and continuing throughout the summer.
- The truck driver shortage is one of the most obvious cases of supply chain difficulties and is not going away anytime soon. There are no immediate options other than allowing younger drivers to drive interstate.
- The U.S. economy will be fully recovered by 2023 – with the unemployment rate stabilizing below 3.5%.
- Increasing oil production – US shale, OPEC+ and non-OPEC – will outpace oil consumption and the world oil price will move below $70/barrel in 2022.
Read The Full Report By Clicking Here
To help ease the strain COVID-19 is placing on Canadian Businesses, TEC Canada has compiled insights from global experts to support business leaders as they navigate the challenges and opportunities presented. If you would like to receive similar information more regularly, please click here.