TEC Canada CEO Chair
Toronto and Area, ON
“You are known for what you do, not what you say.”
Recognized for his leadership capabilities and cultivating a high-performance culture, Larry Bourk is an accomplished entrepreneur who has founded and successfully established multiple businesses over the past four decades.
With a career spanning a range of roles from advisor, consultant and manager to CEO, Larry began his career with an international technical products manufacturer. He gained subsequent experience with a national consumer products manufacturer, followed by management consulting positions with a Canadian chartered bank and an international accounting firm.
Larry helped launch a national life insurance company which began in 1969. He was part of a management buyout of the company in 1975 and became the President and CEO in 1977. The company ranked in the top ten Group Insurance Companies in Canada when it was sold to Sun Life Insurance Company in 1994. He is currently Principal and Chairman of Beemont Management Limited, a management consulting firm he started in 1977. He is also the founding President and CEO of Just Like Home Senior Residences Inc. ®, a company that develops residential communities for seniors.
Larry brings meaningful business expertise to his role as TEC Chair with an understanding of the leadership and governance issues involved in owning and growing a successful business.
TEC Group Vision
“Our members represent a broad range of industries and professions, act like a personal board of directors and operate as a think-tank.”
- Lives with his wife, Joan, in Toronto and has three married children
- Post-graduate education (York University and University of Toronto)
- Business diploma (Harvard Business School)
- Enjoys golf, music, reading, art and travel
- Former director and president of the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony Orchestra Association and of the Personnel Association of Toronto, which founded the Human Resources Professionals Association in Ontario
- Past member of the Board of Regents and Chairman of the Investment Committee of Victoria College (University of Toronto campus)