Izak Roux is a visionary leader with a track record of developing successful business ventures in international markets, negotiating major contracts and managing regulatory compliance in small and large enterprises.
An engineer for over 30 years, he is passionate about finding creative and sustainable solutions to design challenges. He has led large-scale, multi-discipline projects within Alberta’s oil and gas, utility and aerospace industries, and was the Chief Designer in developing a military helicopter with Denel Aviation.
As previous Owner and Chief Engineer of RSAT, Izak supported the business development of foreign clients in South Korea, Singapore and Australia and participated in negotiations on projects from $500M to $2B. He has also held executive roles with Aker Solutions, RAE Engineering & Inspection Ltd., Denel Aviation and Lautus Developments.
In 2013, he launched Roux Consulting, an independent consulting firm that guides business leaders on environmental compliance, asset and integrity management, strategic planning and creating roadmaps for product development.
As a TEC Chair, Izak utilizes his extensive experience leading diverse teams to build a culture of trust, care, challenge and growth among his members.
TEC Group Vision
“My mission is to help my members grow personally and in their business, gain knowledge, work more effectively in a sustainable manner, be socially and environmentally responsible, and have fun.”
- Master of Mechanical Engineering (University of Pretoria)
- Doctorate in Business Administration (Walden University); wrote his doctoral thesis on project management risk factors and regulatory compliance of oil sands projects
- Board Member and Chair for the Edmonton Transit Advisory Board (ETSAB) (2012 – 2018)
- Mentors young engineers in engineering analysis and integrity assessments
- Enjoys hiking, photography and collecting pre-WW2 mechanical engineering books
- Married for 40 years to Elzabe with two daughters, Elandri and Izanne, and two grandchildren