Deb Rodrigo began her 30-year career as a Chartered Accountant and quickly distinguished herself in the industry as a problem-solver. She has a keen ability for communicating with clarity, leading her to build healthy organizational cultures while empowering and mentoring others. Throughout her experiences, Deb is distinguished by her colleagues through the trust she instills, both in themselves and her leadership. By equipping her team with the necessary tools that align to their individual strengths, Deb is commended for being a leader committed to development.
As a visionary, Deb has a natural talent for identifying growth opportunities, better positioning organizations for strategic execution in finance, operations and risk management. Deb’s ability to uncover solutions others may overlook has led her to hold numerous executive roles, including Chief Operating Officer with HighStreet Insurance Brokers, Chief Financial Officer with numerous public and private companies, Vice President of Finance and Operations with Concordia University. Throughout her career, she has led growth of up to 270% in annual profits in a complex organization; international growth capital financings; the commercialization of an R&D start-up company; and successfully restructured a financially distressed corporation.
As the founder and CEO of Strategy in Motion Inc. and as a TEC Canada Chair, Deb is continuing her mission to enable Alberta companies to flourish by helping business leaders identify their hurdles, execute on their strategic plans and maximize growth and value to their corporations. She is passionate about developing those around her and building winning strategies that elevate leaders to their full potential.
TEC Group Vision
Members focus their efforts, optimize their time and talents and drive growth; a commitment to what is possible not what is probable. Group members will be committed to one another’s growth and success founded on trust, integrity, self-awareness and honesty.
- Married to husband Nimal with three children, Rachel, Zac and Jonah, the family dog, Bonnie and the family cats, Almonzo and Laura Wilder.
- Enjoys reading, running, hiking and a good laugh.
- Currently sits on the board of Capital Region Housing Corporation and on the advisory board of two private corporations.
- Has previously served on nine not-for-profit boards, Financial Executives International Edmonton Chapter board and taught Corporate Governance at the JR Shaw School of Business.
- Bachelor of Arts from the University of Toronto, CPA CA designation, FEI/Smith School of Business Leadership Beyond Finance Certificate.