The TEC Canada Deeper Insights webinar series is hosted by industry thought leaders with commendable business backgrounds on a mission to equip you with the tools to grow and strategically approach complex issues and uncertainty with confidence. Stay up to date on our webinar schedule so you can take part in each episode’s live Q&A session and gain personalized insight from industry experts.
In this previously live webinar, Bob Roitblat helps current and emerging leaders develop business skills that are effective whether the seas are calm or storms are raging.
Technology, business, and society are all evolving in fast and remarkable ways. This ensures that the future will not just be a continuation of today with minor variations. Rather, the future will be strange and unfamiliar—if you just stand by and wait for it to arrive.
Don’t leave the future of your organization to chance. Your ability to see and understand the future—and take timely, appropriate action—could mean the difference between surviving and thriving or death.
The future is constantly developing; with hints and clues and signs of those developments all around. By looking and listening for these clues, you can anticipate future developments, help influence and shape those developments, and leverage them earlier than your competition.
During this webinar, viewers are guided through a mixture of forecasting and visioning activities to map out key social, technological, economic, environmental, and political (STEEP) trends from the past year, the current year, and projecting trends for several years ahead. Bob Roitblat will equip viewers with deeper insights surrounding:
- Creative ways to solve future potential issues before they happen and take measures to prevent them from happening.
- Creative ways to leverage future potential, often hidden, opportunities sooner.
- Awareness of what lies within your organization’s control – and can therefore be delivered
- Awareness of what lies outside your organization’s control – and therefore needs to be managed and mitigated or responded to.
- Opportunities to do something utterly and radically different—to disrupt yourself before anyone else has a chance.
For more than three decades, Bob Roitblat has innovated, nurtured, developed, and successfully exited more than a dozen businesses. He uses his experience as the CEO of Mainsail Consulting Group combined with his experience as a competitive sailor to draw parallels between building and leading a winning yacht racing team and building and leading a winning business.