TEC Canada CEO Chair
“The secret to life and success is the golden rule: ‘do unto others as you would have done to you.’ It’s pretty simple but can have a huge impact if everyone were to embrace it.”
Peak performance is nothing new to Todd Millar, President & CEO of TEC Canada. As a leader, TEC Canada Chair and motivational speaker, Todd challenges professionals to take their careers and personal lives to the next level.
His impressive 25-year career as an executive includes a track record of success. He was instrumental in one of the most successful private equity transactions in the history of Bain Capital, acquiring Canadian Yellow Pages for $1.9 billion and in less than a year, selling the assets for $2.6 billion. It is an incredible accomplishment that reflects his ability to assemble the right team, provide inspirational leadership and create a rewarding environment.
After his first year as TEC Chair, Todd was recognized as TEC Canada’s Rookie of the Year, a prestigious honour acknowledging his dedication to the growth and success of his group.
He says, “We have varying demographics and members from differing industries – the dynamic works so well because we recognize the importance of individual core competencies and how that contributes to our group strength.”
TEC Group Vision
“There is a spirit within our team that’s driven by an honest and sincere desire to work together and ensure that we’re helping each other find success.”
- Author of Boardroom to Base Camp, focused on the lessons he learned around the boardroom table and his experiences during a trek to Mount Everest Base Camp in 2011
- Based on his experience in Nepal, he coined “Everest Model,” a leadership program designed to look at “life from the top”
- Lives in Calgary with his wife and kids
- Dedicated volunteer to various community and charitable organizations
- Avid hockey fan and past president of Hockey Calgary