Jeffrey Calibaba was recognized with the 2022 Red Shoe Award to acknowledge how he steps outside the box, is bold, innovative, creative, and pushes the boundaries while also maintaining TEC brand integrity. He was also recognized with the 2022 TEC Master Chair Award and Chair Excellence Award. For more information on our 2022 Chair Awards, please click here.
TEC CEO AND KEY CHAIR
With over 35 years of experience, Jeffrey Calibaba has earned a reputation as a respected corporate visionary, innovator, leader, author, mentor and coach.
Starting his career in 1983 as the first licensed Paramedic in Saskatchewan, he authored a best-selling medical reference guide. After quickly rising through the ranks to executive positions in Saskatchewan and Alberta’s health districts, he founded and led a medical supply distribution company where he achieved recognition as a premier distributor and marketer of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs). He subsequently published his next book, A Heart for the Community, and created a process called the ‘HeartSave Awareness Program,’ which was patented and implemented internationally.
Jeffrey went on to build two property development companies in Alberta and B.C., as well as an Intellectual Property Packaging and Licensing firm. After providing his expertise as a Business Execution Specialist to a variety of companies for Results Canada, he accepted the role of CEO for the largest traffic supply company in Western Canada and led them to become one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies from 2016 through 2018.
As a TEC Chair, Jeffrey brings his multi-disciplinary corporate experience and passion for developing strategies and implementing sustainable processes to continually enhance the professional and personal successes of his members.
TEC Group Vision
“To foster collaborative member relationships in an atmosphere of trust, integrity and respect. To promote the exploration and enhancement of unique abilities and ideas. To provide guidance and support for the transformation of ideas and goals into achievable actions, accountability and profitability.”
- Graduate of Administration Studies from University of Regina (2001)
- Received the Thomas Edison Award for Innovation in Sydney, Australia (2003)
- Graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Entrepreneurial Master’s Program (2005) and Lead Program Instructor (2006-2014)
- Awarded one of Profit Magazine’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies (2004) and nominated for EY Entrepreneur of the YearTM (2004)
- Member of Strategic Coach Program (1995-2009)
- Founded the Vision Zero Advocate Institute in 2015 and authored The Road to Vision Zero while promoting traffic safety initiatives through speaking engagements in North America, Europe and Asia