A CPA by training, Lori Ell has held executive roles spanning across billion-dollar, start-up and mid-market companies. An expert in transformational change, financial strategy and management, she is also fascinated by the human side of business and what motivates and inspires employees to successfully execute a company’s strategy.
One of Lori’s greatest achievements came as President and part owner of food processor Agristar. Brought in to lead through a court-appointed re-structuring, she transformed it into a profitable organization within two years and led it to a successful sale in nine.
As founder and current President of Growing Ideas, Lori consults with business leaders who want to better understand their core strengths, define goals and construct communication processes for strategic execution. With a talent for bringing clarity to chaotic situations, she has turned her skills of introducing new financial systems, leading change management and motivating functional teams into her role as TEC Chair.
TEC Group Vision
Lori’s mentorship style will suit members who are curious, self-aware and seeking constructive, consensus-driven meetings with a Chair who is supportive yet goal-oriented, positive yet decisive and humorous and forthright in her communication style
- Married to husband Jerome with twin boys, Blake and Carson, and the family dog, Scout
- Team manager for her boys’ basketball team
- Enjoys outdoor activities, from camping and skiing to walking the dog
- Sits on the boards for the Alberta Food Processors, the Canadian Food Innovators, and the Calgary Co-op
- Received her ICD.D in Board Governance from the Institute of Corporate Directors