Are you a data driven strategic thinker with a strong background in Marketing? Are you eager to guide strategy through market research and the development of strong analytics? Do you thrive on challenges and seek out the opportunities they present?
We’re looking for a motivated leader with a passion for strategic marketing, research and analysis to help guide the development of our unique programs. You are responsible for the strategic marketing plan for TEC both now, and into the future. You’ll manage our events, oversee the development of and leverage the analytics needed to guide the business, while working closely with the rest of the Marketing team, and leaning on the functional areas of the company to understand what makes TEC successful. Your strategic thinking will positively impact our growth, awareness, and overall market penetration.
- Oversee, leverage and manage the efforts of TEC’s Events Lead and Market Analyst
- Assist in the development of our delivery channel (our Chairs) through analysis of available data, and learning the successes and pitfalls in becoming a successful Chair
- Develop an understanding of the member experience, their needs, requirements, and satisfaction with TEC, and leveraging that insight to attract and retain new members to TEC
- Understanding and reporting on the continuous monitoring of business/economic/technological trends that may impact TEC, our members, and our Chairs
- Identify any future product opportunities and/or enhancements
- Work closely with the Event Lead to define, refine and execute on TEC’s Event Strategy
- Determine and identify any potential risks and new opportunities
- Analyze all relevant market data to ensure events are properly targeted, attended, and achieving desired results
- Analyze key metrics to ensure we continually evolve an events strategy designed to draw new members to TEC
- Through research and discussions across the company, you will thoroughly understand TEC’s services, including how they are delivered, their key components, advantages, functionality, pricing, and structure
- Responsible for all ongoing market research, including NPS (Net Promoter Score) and channel delivery data, and the analysis of this data
- Provide pricing analysis, support and recommendations as it relates to short term adjustments and longer-term strategy
- Using your knowledge of the market, you will work to develop any promotions that will have a direct impact on the company’s growth
- Lead research and analysis of competition and environmental factors to advance TEC’s market position
- Have a full understanding of the audience, current landscape, buyer’s journey, sales process and delivery of all TEC lanes of business, and use that data to help drive direction
- Using the insights you and your team gather, you will work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing to develop an annual strategic plan to drive demand in TEC’s services
- You have trust in the integrity of your co-workers
- You care and are fully committed to everyone around you
- You have the confidence to challenge yourself and the courage to search for the truth
- You are committed to your own growth – both personally and professionally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-starting
- Bachelor’s degree in business marketing or equivalent
- 5+ years of strategic marketing experience
- Proven experience analyzing markets, leveraging research, and developing marketing plans
TEC Canada is a member-based peer advisory community of over 1400 chief executives, entrepreneurs and business owners from across Canada. We have a 35-year track record of helping leaders achieve personal transformation, leadership excellence and enterprise success through the power of confidential peer group meetings, one-to-one executive coaching, business thought leadership and a global network of over 23,000 business leaders. Every member participates in a confidential group, meeting regularly to interact with business experts and draw on the first-hand experience of their peers, exchanging direct, honest feedback to hold one another accountable and advocate success.
TEC Canada’s corporate office is located at the west end of Calgary’s downtown core. Our office is well appointed (including a sunny deck, BBQ and shower/locker room) and offers great proximity to the Bow River pathway system, the LRT, and Kensington.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include “Strategic Market Manager” in the subject line.