As the most senior IT professional at our company and reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be the expert for all things IT especially as it relates to our business processes and strategy. This field is continuously changing and evolving and as the IT Manager you will provide insight and direction to the Leadership team and the technology team.
You will play a front-line interfacing role with leadership, managers, employees, contractors, and members. Responsibilities will include collaborating to build the IT strategy, managing the budget, and project management. The successful person will be comfortable creating a masterplan of systems, enjoy building relationships with internal and external resources, oversee projects, and provide the overall vision with passion and excitement to support TEC Canada’s dedication to increasing the effectiveness and enhancing the lives of CEOs and business leaders.
At TEC Canada we believe in a team environment that supports our values of growth, challenge, caring, and trust. We are looking for dedicated individuals that want to own their impact, love what they do, and join our community of continuous learners. Be part of a unique culture that has exciting goals and be a part of our journey!
The ideal candidate:
- You have a natural desire to help people and care for quality over quantity
- You have a positive and optimistic approach
- You anticipate and are proactive to make logical decisions to close the loop, while being a creative problem solver that thinks outside of the box
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at the same time while supporting your team
- You are committed to your own growth – both personally and professionally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with active listening skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-starter
- Own and closely follow all IT projects delivered across the organization; while validating the timeline, budget and ensuring deliverables are being respected
- Work with cross functional teams to identify systems and processes to streamline and/or integrate
- Build and execute an IT roadmap with Leadership to adopt good practices, develop processes, and design functions that support the community and its strategic goals to be able to scale the company for future growth
- Oversee the IT budget
- Tactically execute IT elements of the strategic plan
- Coach and develop the IT team by encouraging creativity while executing on projects
- Develop and automate processes to understand the integration of systems
- Negotiate with vendors and be comfortable managing contracts
- Actively listen, seek to understand, and focus on priorities to attain results
- Holistically understand interdepartmental systems and needs to determine opportunities
- Create dashboards and workflows to support interdepartmental and intradepartmental needs
- Proactively identify issues and vigorously work to resolve to create an environment built on trust, reliability, open communication, and creative thinking
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all TEC staff and contractors
- Other projects and duties as required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience; designation is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of management experience
- Strong history focused on technology and up to date advanced technical skills
- Strong understanding of business processes as it relates to technology
- Strong technical skills in Windows 10, Office 365 Suite and Dynamics 365 or similar CRM systems
- Database Experience using SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or related Programs
- Preferred experience in cross functional dashboards, Great Plains, Chrome River, and Qualtrix
- Strong EQ skills and active listening abilities
- Financial acumen
- Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities while performing quality work in an efficient manner with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and proven communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent time management and problem management skills
TEC Canada is a member-based peer advisory community of over 1800 chief executives, entrepreneurs and business owners from across Canada. We have a 37 year track record of helping leaders achieve personal transformation, leadership excellence and enterprise success through the power of confidential group meetings, one-to-one executive coaching, business thought leadership and a global network of over 23,000 business leaders. Every member participates in a confidential group, meeting regularly to interact with business experts and draw on the first-hand experience of their peers, exchanging direct, honest feedback to hold one another accountable and advocate success.
TEC Canada’s corporate office is located at the west end of Calgary’s downtown core. Our office is beautifully appointed (including a sunny deck, BBQ and shower/locker room) and offers great proximity to the Bow River pathway system, the LRT, and Kensington.