As the most senior Human Resources professional at our company and reporting to the CFO, you will be the expert for all things HR. Human Resources is continuously changing and evolving and as the Human Resources Manager you will provide insight and direction to the Leadership Team.
You will play a front-line interfacing role with managers, employees, contractors and members across the generation gap. Analyze data to understand employees better and measure and assess the impact of HR initiatives on employee satisfaction, performance and retention. Transform existing activities from hiring to technological innovation. Foster personal development and overhaul training practices. In this role you are also responsible for traditional Human Resources functions.
At TEC Canada we believe in a team environment that supports our values of growth, challenge, caring, and trust. We are looking for dedicated individuals that want to own their impact, love what they do, and join our community of continuous learners. Be a part of a unique culture that has exciting goals and be a part of our journey!
Responsibilities include driving culture, communicating innovative policies and programs, implementing best in class HR strategies, ensuring competitive compensation model, administration of group benefits, administering performance management, recruiting and workforce planning, maintaining and creating training and development opportunities, handling contracts for employees and contractors, administering profile assessment tools (DiSC), implementing a new Human Resources Information System and driving the path towards Best Managed Company and Employer of the Year awards.
While there is much innovation with this position and many exciting challenges as our organization continues to grow, you will need to be willing and capable of handling all the daily and more routine tasks that need to be handled within a Human Resources and Payroll function. This is an opportunity for a special person with many talents.
- Make tough decisions and understand that not everyone will be happy
- Multitasking is key in this role as many tasks are often carried out at same time and ability to manage multiple projects
- Embrace the process with an open mind and implement latest HR trends, optimize recruitment process, plan employee engagement activities
- Innovative in all aspects of HR with a continuous improvement mentality.
Experience & Qualifications
- HR and/or Change Management Degree or Certification/Designation
- Passion and talent for the full spectrum of human resources functions and a minimum 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of current legislation and as well current HR theories and best practices
- Ideal candidate would have a balance of experience of working within established HR programs but ability to be a creator of new and exciting programs that are scalable to the stage and size of the business
- Experience in a high growth environment and understand the evolution of HR from a smaller to larger organization
TEC Canada is a member-based peer advisory community of over 1500 chief executives, entrepreneurs and business owners from across Canada. We have a 35-year track record of helping leaders achieve personal transformation, leadership excellence and enterprise success through the power of confidential peer group meetings, one-to-one executive coaching, business thought leadership and a global network of over 23,000 business leaders. Every member participates in a confidential group, meeting regularly to interact with business experts and draw on the first-hand experience of their peers, exchanging direct, honest feedback to hold one another accountable and advocate success.
TEC Canada’s corporate office is located at the west end of Calgary’s downtown core. Our office is well appointed (including a sunny deck, BBQ and shower/locker room) and offers great proximity to the Bow River pathway system, the LRT, and Kensington.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include “Human Resources Manager” in the subject line.