Ray Fankhauser is a highly experienced and multilingual executive with over 20 years of expertise in global strategy advisory, diplomacy, government relations, security, emergency planning, and crisis response. His fluency in multiple languages and deep understanding of business-government relations allow him—and those he advises—to navigate complex international landscapes with finesse.
Ray’s strategic foundation in propelling organizations to new heights centers around the principles of ESG (Environment, Sustainability, and Governance) and DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion). For Ray, these principles are not mere buzzwords; he firmly believes they are essential for modern organizations to thrive amidst regulatory changes, market fluctuations, and reputational risks. By prioritizing ESG and DEI, Ray ensures long-term stability and abundant growth opportunities for domestic and international organizations.
As a Global Strategy Consultant, Ray specializes in risk management, consolidating international market positions, and promoting equitable leadership practices. In addition to consultancy work, Ray’s commitment to making a positive impact extends to pro bono consultative assistance for non-profit ventures that promote human and technical infrastructure investment in emerging markets.
Ray’s TEC CEO group in Toronto, ON offers exceptional opportunities for CEOs, presidents, owners, and leaders of large enterprises who aspire to build sustainable businesses in today’s global economy. His peer advisory group is where leaders find unprecedented success, with unparalleled growth and invaluable insights from like-minded professionals.
TEC GROUP VISION
Ray’s TEC group vision is to represent a wide variety of sectors and reflect our society’s diversity. As the Chair, Ray nurtures open and frank discussion, where each member grows to trust everyone in the room and is fully comfortable digging deeper with the Chair on a bilateral basis as well. The group maintains a robust structure that leverages professional strengths and addresses the weaknesses of everyone in the room, targeting growth that encompasses the whole individual, not just the businessperson.
- He was born to a Swiss father and a Trinidadian mother in Montreal, QC. He now resides permanently in Toronto, ON.
- He started cello studies at age three, fueling a lifelong passion for music and cultural exchange.
- He graduated from Lower Canada College at age 15, and upon completion of a Business Administration degree at Burman University, joined the Canadian Diplomatic Corps at age 20, where his first assignment was to China in the year 2000.
- Currently leads the National Program of the Adventist Development and Relief Agency which operates in over 50 countries.
- He is fluent in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and Swiss German.