Robert (Bob) Sinclair is recognized for his keen competitive edge and drive for success. He demonstrates this same energy, mental rigor, courage and commitment in all of his pursuits.
Bob began his career with the Jim Pattison Group, enjoying almost two successful decades with the company. He quickly rose through the ranks, from junior sales positions and ultimately served as President of Pattison Group’s Seaboard Advertising. Within three years, Bob became the President of a second Pattison Company, Trans Ad, and doubled the original sales target.
In 1999, Bob became a TEC Chair and has guided over 100 members over the years. He strives to assemble a broad spectrum of CEOs and business owners, seeking leaders who are open, candid and prepared to share their knowledge and learn from their peers.
Bob believes the success of a business depends less on the leader’s style and more on their ability to communicate clear expectations while setting realistic challenges and goals. Bob helps his members develop their ability to communicate effectively and adapt their leadership style according to context.
TEC Group Vision
Bob’s members strive to be the best leaders possible and their dreams are to build successful enterprises. “Helping my members succeed is like being part of a high performing 8-man rowing team, who strive to win the most prestigious of regattas.”
- Born in Surrey, UK; grew up in Capetown, South Africa
- Has two grown sons, both successfully pursuing careers in business
- Former competitive rower and amateur jockey; now enjoys skiing and cycling
- Instructor of Strategic Management at BC Institute of Technology
• Past Chairman of BCIT Advisory Board and current Honorary VP, Vancouver Rowing Club