Are you a creative thinker with a strong background in training and development? Are you eager to be part of a fast-paced team responsible for the education and development of our contractor (Chair) community? Our Operations team oversees the support of new, building, and existing Chairs including onboarding and training. This role also supports growth accountability, thought leadership, and logistics support.
The Training Program Specialist will be reporting to the Operations Manager – Development. With elements focusing on developing, enhancing, and executing our DELTA (corporate training) development program, this role will be highly engaged in problem solving, innovating, and planning with our Chairs to take our training and development for our community of business leaders to the next level.
The ideal candidate:
- Is hungry to grow and learn
- Builds strong, effective, trusting relationships both internally and externally while embracing our values
- Gets excited about change, new projects, procedures, and people
- Is curious and an outside-the-box problem solver while not being afraid to speak your mind or share ideas
- Is a self-starter and able to work independently, but also a strong dependable team player
- Innovative and creative in the approach to developing adaptive training programs
- Takes a detail-oriented approach in managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced, client-centric environment
- Ability to position new ideas that facilitates buy-in
- Can accept a challenge and remains calm
- An individual with humble confidence who has the courage to seek excellence
- Is an exceptional communicator between departments, executives, and staff with a professional and pleasant demeanor
- Develop and assemble learning opportunities for Chairs that address best practices, trending topics, supporting the member experiences, and professional development.
- Utilize KPI and KPR’s to trach success and make sound business decisions.
- Support the development of DELTA training elements including (but not limited to) development sessions, Coach program, and Ambassador program through in-person and virtual training sessions, bi-weekly Chair calls, and business development plans.
- Ability to understand our business deeply and how overlaying the educational components enhance the training for our Chair community.
- Understand the “Life of a Chair” and how this impacts the learning paths.
- Researches and presents best practices and how best to utilize thought leaders.
- Facilitate the TEC Canada Chair Training program including all aspects of scheduling, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Collaborate with the Development team on DELTA National events as it relates to trending topics from the Chair community to enhance the Chair practice.
- Foster positive working relationships with staff and Chairs.
- Communicate issues with the team and our Chairs to devise ways of improving the experience.
- Provide communication updates to the Chairs as required.
- Research market trends and track Chair requests to stay current on trending needs and topics for business leaders.
- Work collaboratively with the team to coordinate efforts and capitalize on opportunities with the community as it pertains to learning and development.
- Evaluate existing and new processes to identify opportunities to enhance quality and efficiencies.
- Understand, build, and maintain process flows for training and development.
- Follow company policy and procedures and lead by example.
- Create, foster & maintain an environment of cross-department collaboration, knowledge sharing / learning, and support especially with our National Director of Chair Development, Operations Development Manager, Operations Support Manager, Chair Support Advisors, and Sales.
- Assist with other projects and duties as needed.
- You are excited to search for solutions but know when to ask for help
- You have a trust in the integrity of your co-workers
- You are care and are fully committed to everyone around you
- You are curious and innovative in the learning space
- You have the confidence to challenge yourself and the courage to search for the truth
- You are committed to your own growth – both personally and professionally
• Minimum of 3 years training and development experience
• Post-secondary education with a certificate or Diploma in business, education, or another relevant field
• Skills in developing and designing adult training programs from ideation to execution
• Experience accounting for diverse learning profiles and accounting for adult learning principles in program development
• Experience working to support the development and testing of new programming
• Must have strong interpersonal skills
• Proven professional communication skills
• Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities while performing quality work in an efficient manner with minimal supervision
• Strong technical skills in Microsoft office including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Dynamics and Outlook
• Experience working with LMS and CRM software systems that support learning
• Bilingual French and English would be considered an asset though not a requirement
TEC Canada is a member-based peer advisory community of over 1800 chief executives, entrepreneurs and business owners from across Canada. We have a 37 year track record of helping leaders achieve personal transformation, leadership excellence and enterprise success through the power of confidential group meetings, one-to-one executive coaching, business thought leadership and a global network of over 23,000 business leaders. Every member participates in a confidential group, meeting regularly to interact with business experts and draw on the first-hand experience of their peers, exchanging direct, honest feedback to hold one another accountable and advocate success.
TEC Canada’s corporate office is located at the west end of Calgary’s downtown core.