Are you a strategic thinker with a strong background in Management? Are you eager to be part of a fast-paced team responsible for the education and development of our local Chair community? Our Operations team oversees the support of new, building, and existing Chairs including onboarding and training. This role also upholds Group Build Plans accountability, speaker planning and meeting logistics support.
The role of the Operations Manager will be closely linked to the Director of Operations. With elements leading and developing the high-performing Operations team, this role will be engaged in problem solving, motivating, mentoring and coaching the members of the team.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a self-starter and problem solver, able to work independently to get things done but also a strong dependable team player
- Takes a detail-oriented approach in managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced, client-centric environment
- Can work well under pressure, making clear decisions and respond quickly to a shifting reality and adjust initiatives and priorities accordingly
- Can accept a challenge and remains calm
- An individual with strong leadership and collaboration skills who brings out energy and passion in the team
- “Big Picture Thinking”, which is key to addressing top-level concerns and finding the best path forward from all the available data
- Is an excellent communicator between departments, executives and staff with a professional and pleasant demeanor
- Acts as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance, consistency, and taking corrective action when needed
- Manages and executes multiple events related to chairs throughout the year
- Supervises, develops and provides guidance to team members; organizing and assigning work and ensuring timely performance and workmanship
- Owner of the weekly Operations meetings and quarterly offsite meetings
- Handles escalation meetings from team and Chair community
- Office management (building lease, post-COVID activities)
- Manages Chair and Member contracts
- Fostering relationships with the Chairs
- Oversees the Operations and IT budget, reporting, planning, and auditing
- Follows company policy and procedures and leads by example
- Partners with all internal corporate support resources to ensure compliance with all regulations and policies to achieve results
- Identifying potential problems and points of friction and working to find solutions in order to maximize efficiency and revenue
- Communicates issues with the team and our Chairs to devise ways of improving the experience
- Develops, coordinates, and enforces systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- Create, foster & maintain an environment of cross-department collaboration, knowledge sharing / learning, and support
- Develop and maintain relationships with key vendors that support the operational execution & profitability of our business
- You have trust in the integrity of your co-workers
- You care and are fully committed to everyone around you
- You have the confidence to challenge yourself and the courage to search for the truth
- You are committed to your own growth – both personally and professionally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-starting
- Minimum of 3 years management or leadership experience
- Post-secondary education with a certificate or Diploma in Management or another relevant field
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- Solid quantitative skills to understand site financial performance and operating statistics (KPIs)
- Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities while performing quality work in an efficient manner with minimal supervision
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft office including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Dynamics and Outlook
TEC Canada is a member-based peer advisory community of over 1500 chief executives, entrepreneurs and business owners from across Canada. We have a 35-year track record of helping leaders achieve personal transformation, leadership excellence and enterprise success through the power of confidential group meetings, one-to-one executive coaching, business thought leadership and a global network of over 23,000 business leaders. Every member participates in a confidential group, meeting regularly to interact with business experts and draw on the first-hand experience of their peers, exchanging direct, honest feedback to hold one another accountable and advocate success.
TEC Canada’s corporate office is located at the west end of Calgary’s downtown core. Our office is beautifully appointed (including a sunny deck, BBQ and shower/locker room) and offers great proximity to the Bow River pathway system, the LRT, and Kensington.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Operations Manager” in the subject line.