Do you create content that audiences can’t wait to discover and consume? Are you a superior writer, who knows the formula and how to easily adapt tone to get to the heart of storytelling? Do you have a keen eye for editing and proofreading, and enjoy taking on new challenges?
We’re looking for a driven creative who understands how to harness the power of content writing to match a variety of audiences, improve engagement and generate leads. Your gift of writing extends from marketing publications and promotional materials to websites, blogs and social media platforms. As TEC’s Content Marketing Writer, you will help shape TEC’s advertising campaigns, member stories and articles, generate new ideas and work closely with the Marketing team to improve on and edit new and existing content, keeping it relevant. Your targeted approach will help us better engage with our existing TEC community, maximize our reach, and help fulfill our vision of accelerating the growth and development of Canadian business leaders.
- Responsible for curating, researching, and creating unique, relevant and thought-provoking content that can be used strategically to achieve business goals
- Bring fresh, new ideas to the Marketing team in terms of content planning and strategy
- Develop a thorough understanding of TEC’s primary audience and be able to speak directly to them
- Write clear and concise copy and headlines for various types of marketing assets, including brochures, blog articles, campaign content, advertising copy, landing pages, website copy, emails, member testimonials, and other materials as needed
- Proofread and edit drafts of marketing and communications materials and provide thoughtful feedback on how to improve the copy for marketing purposes
- Create content that drives an increase in brand awareness, leads and online traffic
- Adhere to TEC’s brand style guide and content requirements
- Understanding of the latest strategies and best practices in content marketing, including knowledge of SEO, SEM, website optimization, basic keyword research, email marketing, and social media marketing
- Interview subject matter experts about relevant topics to TEC’s audience and incorporate their expertise into content
- Work cross-functionally with the Marketing team, Research team, Sales and Operations teams to identify TEC member and Chair needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- High standards, a sharp eye for detail that ensures consistency in brand, style, and tone across writing
- Experience working with WordPress in order to update and upload content into the website as needed
- You have trust in the integrity of your co-workers
- You care and are fully committed to everyone around you
- You have the confidence to challenge yourself and the courage to search for the truth
- You are committed to your own growth – both personally and professionally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A continuous learner who is always searching for new and better way
- Bachelor’s degree in in marketing, communications, journalism, English or a similar major
- 3+ years of content marketing and writing experience
- Proven experience in creating, adapting and reworking content for various forms of content sharing
TEC Canada is a member-based peer advisory community of over 1800 chief executives, entrepreneurs and business owners from across Canada. We have a 37 year track record of helping leaders achieve personal transformation, leadership excellence and enterprise success through the power of confidential group meetings, one-to-one executive coaching, business thought leadership and a global network of over 23,000 business leaders. Every member participates in a confidential group, meeting regularly to interact with business experts and draw on the first-hand experience of their peers, exchanging direct, honest feedback to hold one another accountable and advocate success.
TEC Canada’s corporate office is located at the west end of Calgary’s downtown core. Our office is beautifully appointed (including a sunny deck, BBQ and shower/locker room) and offers great proximity to the Bow River pathway system, the LRT, and Kensington.