You’re the best of both worlds – a savvy wordsmith and a data-driven digital marketer. You know what it takes to grow an online community and you’re passionate about developing, executing and monitoring social media content to expand our company’s digital footprint and impact. Reporting to the Marketing Communications Team lead, the Digital Marketing Specialist will work cross functionally with the marketing team to plan and execute online marketing activities to meet the businesses goals. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring our social media strategy in order to stimulate new member leads, improve marketing efforts, and increase TEC’s brand awareness
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, YouTube and other social media best practices
- Define social media KPIs and create content to continue improving on those metrics
- Help to steward online relationships with influencers (internal and external) via TEC’s social media channels
- Capacity to create outstanding social media content in tight timelines
- Contribute to TEC’s communications materials through copy writing, editing, and proofreading
- Capacity to create great video scripting, stories, and interesting content that will engage TEC’s target audience
- Familiarity with website maintenance; organizing and publishing online content using WordPress and other platforms
- Experience with SEO and SEM is an asset
- Strong attention to detail, ability to self-organize, prioritize and work simultaneously on multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Adobe Creative Suite experience would be a strong asset
- Proficiency in French would be a strong asset
- A roll up your sleeves, “can do” attitude and interest to be a part of a small and dynamic team
- A self-starter with a passion for all things digital and social, following trends and ever-evolving norms, practices and functionalities on social media platforms
- An undergraduate degree in Communications or Marketing, specializing in Social Media and digital content, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience related to the responsibilities of the position.
- One plus years of experience in the areas related to the position are preferred
TEC Canada is a member-based peer advisory community of over 1300 chief executives, entrepreneurs and business owners from across Canada. We have a 30-year track record of helping leaders achieve personal transformation, leadership excellence, and business success through the power of confidential group meetings, one-to-one executive coaching, thought leadership resources, and a global network of over 22,000 business leaders. Every member participates in regular, confidential, group meetings interacting with business experts and drawing on the first-hand experience of their peers.
At TEC Canada we believe in a team environment that supports our values of growth, challenge, caring, and trust. We are looking for dedicated individuals that want to own their impact, love what they do, and join our community of continuous learners. Our corporate office is located at the west end of Calgary’s downtown core. The office is beautifully appointed with two sunny patios, a BBQ, shower/locker room, and offers great proximity to the Bow River pathway system, the LRT, and Kensington.